By Charlotte Bings-McDonald (www.delicious.com.au)
PREP TIME: 15MINS
COOK TIME: 1HR
- 2 2/3 cups (665ml) Massel Chicken Style Liquid Stock
- 2 2/3 cups (665ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (255g) instant polenta
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup (120g) fresh ricotta
- 20g unsalted butter
- 3 small zucchinis
- 1 white zucchini, very thinly sliced into rounds (we used a peeler)
- 1 yellow squash, very thinly sliced into rounds (we used a peeler)
- Micro herbs, to serve
- 150g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm slice pan with baking paper, leaving 5cm overhanging long sides.
- For the pesto, place all ingredients in a food processor and whiz until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill until needed.
- Place stock and milk in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil then, stirring constantly, add polenta in a slow, steady stream. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 6-8 minutes until thick. Stir in parmesan, ricotta and butter. Season.
- Using a julienne vegetable peeler or mandoline, slice 2 zucchini into long, thin spaghetti-like strips. Add to polenta mixture with half the pesto and stir to combine.
- Transfer to prepared pan, and with wet hands, spread out evenly. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan. Turn out onto a board and drizzle with remaining pesto.
- Thinly slice the remaining whole zucchini into rounds and scatter over slice with white zucchini, squash and micro herbs. Season and serve warm or cold.